Become a Board Member
Who We Are
Underhill House is a quiet place to pause for prayer or meditation, or simply to come out of the noise of life and gather one’s thoughts. We are a place where people from all walks of life can reconnect with each other and the Holy.
As a Board Member you will focus on maintaining and supporting the vision of Underhill House. Our goal is to continue to have a Board which echoes the diversity reflected by our guests and found in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
- Be aligned with Underhill House’s mission
- Serve as an advocate within your community (work, family and friends) to spread
- Bring your talents, life experience, and knowledge to strengthen and support Underhill House
- Have a strong and well-anchored spiritual life
- Prior Board experience not required
- Board Members serve a three-year term
- Board Members are asked to commit 2–4 hours per month
- Board meetings are held quarterly (4 times a year)
- Prepare for and attend Board meetings on a regular basis
- Have a willingness to engage in fundraising
Please send us an email expressing your interest, and we will follow up with you.